Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy 2009

3 kids went on Christmas Break on December 12th--whoever came up with the schedule wasn't thinking clearly. 1 kids went on Christmas Break December 19th. We had a great, quiet, relaxing Christmas. We did our annual Christmas Eve open house--we went from 15 people last year to 63 people this year. The kids outnumbered the adults, which seems to happen a lot lately when we have gatherings. Kuna reminds me definately of growing up in Vermont and a bit like Pueblo where everybody knows somebody somehow. Ben's teacher and husband came, I guess I forgot to tell Ben she was coming becuase (I missed it) but he had a quite a surprised look on his face when they walked in. Here is that Kuna connection. I obviously knew who Ben's teacher was, but at my job at Indian Creek (one of the Kuna Elementary schools) the music teacher came in for hot lunch several times a week--so I knew who he was and never made the connection until I same him one day at the charter school..you all know how subtle I am "What are you doing here?" So apparently my dad met him at the Jiffy lube and you know how quiet and shy Ted is...and then they had all seen each other at Bingo--yes, Nancy has found herself a place to play Bingo weekly. Of course Ted grumbles every week about the craziness of having to take her every week, but we all think he enjoys taking her so he can visit with all the people. We had snow for Christmas and it even snowed on Christmas day it was absolutely beautiful. December 26th it warmed up rained and then..UGLY and Brown for the next week or so. We did miss our friends and family and Christmas leftovers with our friends in their jammies doesn't happen here yet...maybe next year!! New Years was very quiet Jim and the kids watched movies played on the WII that santa brought, I don't know who the bigger kid is. I read the 3rd book in the Twilight series. I read all 4 over christmas break and my house definately showed it!!

Christmas has now gone and we are now 7 days into the new year. All those new years resolutions have started as well as School has started again--yeah some routine again!! Today is Ben's 11th Birthday and my mom's (uh..hmm.oh yeah she is turning 29 again) birthday as well. My parents are coming for dinner and cake and Ben took rootbeer floats to school for his birthday treat!!

--gotta run more later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to hear how you are settling into life in Idaho...my home. Enjoy a little Idaho for me...I will enjoy the snow of Maine for you. Come see us.