Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Field Trips/DUI and beyond

WAGONS HO! OF IDAHO
Ben's class went on a field trip yesterday, the event was called WAGONS HO! OF IDAHO, it was at Veterans State Park in Boise. I joined them later in the morning and was very impressed with the program. They had stations all around the outside of the wagon everything from washing clothes to cutting wood to doing dishes. The whole class was very well behaved as Mr. C explained that if they didn't follow the rules, they would go to jail..jail was located behind the wagon and he and your teacher were the judge and jury...punishment was anywhere from 25 to 100 push ups depending on the offense. If you went to jail twice and were convicted twice you would walk the path of "No Return". For some of the adults who happened to see, the DUI arrest in the park parking lot was rather entertaining. As they were giving Beverly her sobriety test she informed the officer she was not a ballerina...he said neither am I now do it.. At noon on a Tuesday, I guess it was 5:00 somewhere.

Mother's Day is this weekend, can you believe it? I am going to a movie and breakfast/lunch on Saturday with a friend. Saturday night we are going out for Chinese Food with my parents and on Sunday we are having some friends over to BBQ. Thank goodness this is the last food weekend for a while. The last 3 weekends have been food, food and more food. I need to get back on the wagon!! It is a great feeling to grab a pair of shorts out of the closet and put them on and they fit comfortably.....

Our trip to Colorado is coming together, slowly....we will be in Breckenridge and Pueblo..it will be a short trip...

I am so glad spring is finally here, although the weather is so menopausal right now, I did pull out my tan in a bottle yesterday so my ghostly white legs didn't scare anyone. I am thinking spray on tan would be a good idea. The farmers are all out working in there fields (Nick has been offended by the smell of fertilizer in the fields)...I have gotten pretty freaked out a couple of times driving around, as the farmers work in the fields it changes the way the fields have looked all winter, which then changes the way intersections look. I have been convinced that I am lost or took a wrong turn.

The other night Nick comes running into the house "they are moving the hay, it is all gone" so I told him that they would probably be putting more hay in that spot later and he ran back out the door screaming "not on my watch".

I spent all winter telling them to shut the door and now I spend as much time telling them to leave the door open and in another month the air conditioner will be on and we will be back to shutting the door....does it ever end??

Has anyone ever watched HEROS? I started watching it last week, from the first episode of season 1. It is pretty good. Seems like it is taking them a while to get all the "special people" together as a team...which is what I think is going to happen.





No comments: