Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yesterday I went with KMS to the The Idaho Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial (http://www.idaho-humanrights.org/ click on the link for memorial) for a tour. I was glad that I went it was an amazing tribute. The docent had our group read the quotes wall and wanted the kids to pick their favorite quote and then tell whether it was awareness or action. I have to say my favorite was the quote from Ghandi. (Thankfully I didn't have to talk in front of a bunch of middle school kids--one of whom was my son and already thinks I have 2 heads)
Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Mohanda Gandhi
So after the Human rights tour, we had lunch in the park and then to the Boise Zoo. As the middle school was leaving, Nicks Preschool was arriving so I spent an hour walking around the zoo with the Preschool. It was a nice day and again made me think about how lucky (for now) that I am able to be at home with my kids. I did however realize that I sooooo not cut out for 6 hours in the 90 degree heat!! I didn't sunburn thanks to SPF 60, but I was worn out! too much sun, not enough water and A LOT of walking.

I think we finally found an air conditioner for the attic/Zach's room that will keep it cooled off pretty nicely however I don't want to see the electric bill for that, but if it is 80 on the main floor it is 980 (okay so maybe not that bad) on the 3rd floor.

School is winding down and I can't wait until we don't have to have bedtimes and we can sleep late and really have no true schedule. Of course by mid to end of July, I will be screaming for school to start.

Jim is in the windy city for the next 2 days..I am so not cut out for being a single parent!! dinner tonight? can it go in the microwave, be ready in 10 minutes and use no dishes? that is for us.

Later




No comments: